Thursday, July 26, 2018

Taste Test Sept Pear Mead: 6 months later

"To understand bad taste one must have very good taste." - John Waters

On July 24th, Noah and I opened the second bottle of the Sweet Pear Mead. Still very disappointing.

On opening the bottle, I still smelled the aroma of beer. It faded after it had breathed for 20 minutes.

In the glass it smelled sweet and had a clear amber color. 


The first taste was a shock. Very dry, faint taste of honey, and finished with that tallow sensation on the back of my tongue.

We tasted it a few times more just to be sure. The only thing that changed was the tallow sensation seemed to lessen.


We divided the bottle into 7 glasses. 1 for my wife, and 3 each for Noah and myself. The mead was so strong that Noah and I both got a really good buzz. Neither of us are lightweights, so it was a very strong mead.

On our second two glasses, we added a few drops of honey and found that it improved the taste drastically. In our opinion, the only thing wrong with this mead, was that it was just too dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment